Change of plea after verdict and sentence (Zimbabwe)

From Criminal Defense Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

If a person has been convicted and sentenced and then wishes to change his plea on the basis that he had been unduly influenced by the police to plead guilty, he should make such application on appeal.

If a matter has however, been referred to the High Court for sentence and X wishes to change his plea before sentence, such an application can only be directed towards the trial court: Jackson HH-201-02.

See Zimbabwe Criminal Defense Manual