From Criminal Defense Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
- 15:26, 9 April 2010 +8,468 N Plea Bargaining Created page with 'A guilty plea is formal admission of guilt and is the equivalent of a conviction. Most often, it occurs as part of a plea bargaining process which may result in reduced charges �'
- 15:17, 9 April 2010 +1,546 N Expert Witnesses Created page with 'Defense counsel must be alert for circumstances in which an expert can be of use. Experts can be used in a variety of capacities. For example, medical experts can establish the�'
- 15:17, 9 April 2010 +23 Evidence →Testimonial Evidence
- 15:16, 9 April 2010 0 Rights of the Accused
- 15:15, 9 April 2010 +4 Rights of the Accused →Rights at Detention
- 15:15, 9 April 2010 +1,437 N Arraignment Created page with 'An arraignment must be conducted in open court. The defendant is given a copy of the indictment or information. It is then read in open court. The court then asks the defendan�'
- 15:14, 9 April 2010 -33 Stages in a Criminal Trial - US
- 15:14, 9 April 2010 +1,837 N Stages in a Criminal Trial - US Created page with 'IV. PROCESS OF A CRIMINAL TRIAL The following are the general steps that lead up to and follow a criminal trial. Each of these stages is discussed in greater detail in the page�'
- 15:13, 9 April 2010 +39 Criminal Justice Systems Around the World →United States
- 15:09, 9 April 2010 -2,318 Sentencing →Preparation for Sentencing by Defense Counsel
- 15:08, 9 April 2010 +20 Sentencing Hypothetical
- 15:07, 9 April 2010 +5,621 N Sentencing Hypothetical Created page with ' The defendant entered a plea of guilty to burglary and driving under the influence. Facts: On the night in question, the defendant, who has a history of alcohol and drug depende�'
- 15:06, 9 April 2010 +61 Sentencing
- 15:05, 9 April 2010 +2,319 Sentencing
- 15:03, 9 April 2010 +190 N Suspended Sentence Created page with 'A sentence that may refer to the withholding or postponing of a sentence following a conviction or it may refer to the postponing of the execution of a sentence after it has been�'
- 15:03, 9 April 2010 +5 Sentencing
- 15:02, 9 April 2010 +65 N Straight or flat sentence Created page with 'A sentence that is a fixed sentence without a maximum or minimum.'
- 15:02, 9 April 2010 +433 N Presumptive sentence Created page with 'A sentence that exists in many states by statute. It specifies an appropriate or "normal" sentence for each offense to be used as a baseline for a judge when meting out a pun�'
- 15:02, 9 April 2010 +157 N Minimum sentence Created page with 'A sentence that represents the minimum punishment or the minimum time a convicted person must spend in prison before becoming eligible for parole or release.'
- 15:02, 9 April 2010 +119 N Maximum sentence Created page with 'A sentence that represents the outer limit of a punishment, beyond which a convicted person may not be held in custody.'